Breezy Mama Pam first made this for me during the BKY (Before Kids Years), back when we were up at 2 in the morning because we wanted to be. Eventually, I met my husband and this quickly became his favorite! It’s super easy and if you use the low-fat chicken sausage from Trader Joe’s (for those lucky to have one near you, or try a Whole Foods or even your local grocery store), it is actually pretty low fat.
1 package chicken sausage
1 12 oz Tzatziki Sauce sauce (*note: this is a Greek yogurt sauce made with cucumbers and fresh mint. For sure available at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods, but if you can’t find it at your local grocery, click here for an easy recipe)
1 package Flat Bread
– Spray a frying pan with Pam cooking spray
– Chop the sausage, bellpeppers and onions and cook until veggies are soft and sausage is browned.
– Heat the flat bread in the toaster oven
– Spread the heated flat bread with the Tzatziki Sauce sauce
– Fold bread like a taco shell and pour in sausage, bellpepper and onion
– Pour some more Tzatziki Sauce sauce on top
Add a side salad and you are good to go!