Our friends Malia and Jason are both fantastic cooks. Whenever our family gets an invite to their house for dinner, we gleefully accept and look forward to the great meal that will be coming our way. So one night we’re there, and Malia pulls out this delicious looking chicken from the oven. I ask her what it is, and she and Jason only giggle. They won’t tell us what the ingredients are until we start eating. I take my first bite and marvel at how great this chicken is; meanwhile, Malia and Jason keep laughing. After begging and pleading for the recipe they finally let us in on the secret–it’s on the side of every Best Foods (original) Mayonnaise jar. The light coating of the mayo seals the juice in and adds just the right amount of crispness. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again–everything tastes better with mayo! Malia calls it her White Trash Chicken, but I think Scrumptious Chicken is much better. Enjoy! –Alex
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts (If you’re using really thick chicken, pound it a bit to thin it out.)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (you need to use regular mayo–lite, canola, etc don’t work)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (you can use fresh or the kind out of the can)
- Four teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- Lay chicken on shallow baking dish.
- Combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese in bowl.
- Spread mixture on each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle one teaspoon of bread crumbs on each breast. (Chicken breast that is.)
- Put in oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes. (Cooking time varies on thickness of chicken breast.)
Yum, yum, happy eating!
Want Breezy Mama to arrive in your e-mail in-box? It’s free! Click here.
(Psssst… Already a subscriber? Did you know you can receive the e-mail for only the topics you are interested in? Find out more by clicking here.)