Win it! Win a Blazar, a Bluetooth enabled wireless speaker ($149.99 value)! Details at the end of this post! PLUS! An exclusive 50% off discount (plus free shipping!) for holiday shopping from Beacon Audio!
Let’s not pretend I don’t get super excited to do this post every year! The fact that it is time again can only mean one thing: the holidays are here!!! Get ready to set your DVRs so you can conveniently watch the classics cozied up to your children. And, yes, my kids and I check this schedule daily! On behalf of Breezy Mama, welcome to the holidays!
The Christmas TV Schedule 2014:
(and see it in calendar form below!)
– Nov 26, 8:00PM: A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (ABC)
– Nov 27, 9:00AM: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (NBC)
– Nov 28, 8:00PM: Disney’s Prep & Landing (ABC)
– Nov 28, 9:00PM: Frosty the Snowman (CBS)
– Nov 29, 8:00PM: The Flight Before Christmas (CBS)
– Nov 29, 9:00PM: The Story of Santa Claus (CBS)
– Dec 1: ABC Family’s “25 Days of Christmas” starts. For the daily schedule of the holiday shows they will be airing, click here.
– Dec 1, 5:00PM: Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town (ABC Family)
– Dec 1, 6:00PM: Christmas Vacation (ABC Family)
– Dec 1, 8:00pm: CMA Country Christmas (ABC)
– Dec 1, 8:00pm: Elf (ABC Family)
– Dec 1, 12:00am: Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town (ABC Family)
– Dec 2, 6:00pm: Elf (ABC Family)
– Dec 2, 8:00pm: Toy Story That Time Forgot (ABC)
– Dec 2, 8:00pm: The Santa Clause (ABC Family)
– Dec 2, 8:30pm: A Charlie Brown Christmas (ABC)
– Dec 3, 8:00pm: Christmas in Rockefeller Center (NBC)
– Dec 4, 6:00pm: The Year Without a Santa Claus (ABC Family)
– Dec 4, 7:00pm: The Polar Express (ABC Family)
– Dec 5, 6:00pm: Disney’s A Christmas Carol (ABC Family)
– Dec 5, 8:00pm: Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey) (ABC Family)
– Dec 5, 9:00pm: A Very Grammy Christmas (CBS)
– Dec 7, 8:00pm: I Love Lucy Christmas Special (CBS)
– Dec 8, 8:30pm: Elf (ABC Family)
– Dec 9, 8:00pm: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (CBS)
– Dec 11, 9:00pm: Scrooged (ABC Family)
– Dec 13, 8:00pm: It’s A Wonderful Life (NBC)
– Dec 13, 9:30pm: Frosty Returns (CBS)
– Dec 13, 10:00pm: Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town (ABC Family)
– Dec 16, 8:00pm: A Charlie Brown Christmas (ABC)
– Dec 16, 8:00pm: Elf: Buddy’s Musical Christmas (NBC)
– Dec 16, 8:30pm: Home Alone (ABC Family)
– Dec 16, 9:00pm: America’s Funniest Home Videos Christmas Spectacular (ABC)
– Dec 20, 8:00pm: I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown (ABC)
– Dec 20, 9:00pm: CMA Country Christmas (ABC)
– Dec 24, 8:00pm: It’s A Wonderful Life (NBC)
– Dec 24, 8:00pm/24 hour marathon begins: A Christmas Story (TBS)
– Dec 25, 10:00am; Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration (ABC)
NOTE: Be sure to check your own local listings! PLUS! Want more Christmas 2014 TV shows? Both ABC Family and the Hallmark Channel have a month of specials! If you don’t see your favorites on MY list of favs, check out 25 Days of Christmas Schedule and Hallmark’s Movies and Specials
WIN IT! Enter to win a Blazar speaker from Beacon Audio ($149.99 value)! The Blazar is specially designed to immerse listeners in a crystal clear stream of audio for eight or more hours! Bluetooth enabled so you can listen to music from your phone, the WIRELESS speaker is easy to take room to room! Experience the quality in sound! Enter here:
Psst… want to purchase a Blazar by Beacon Audio for an EXCLUSIVE 50% off (plus free shipping!!!)? Use code breezy50 here!
Do you know if there is a listing of the holiday “special episodes” of kids shows anywhere? I like to set the DVR to save the Christmas episodes to on hand when we need a good distraction during dinner/homework/chaos.
Hi–If you go directly to the web site of the channel you like to have your kids watch (i.e. Nick Jr, Disney Jr, PBS, etc.), they should be listed on there. Hope that helps!
Thanks for posting this list. Sadly, there is virtually no programs about the birth of Christ and the real meaning of Christmas.
sarah bernart says
No “Shrek the Hall?”
“Little Drummer Boy?”
Shelby McFadden says
Was there a show made called “The Littlest Angel”?If so can the TV stations play iut? It is ssuch a lovely story! Thanks , Shely McFadden
What ever happened to “Miracle on 34th Street”, the old black and white version?? It was a family favorite of ours and now it’s hard to find it on tv.
Kevin Clements says
Why no schedule from PBS ? They, in my opinion, have the very best shows
What time zone are these in? Thanks!
Kathryn Hanley says
Why don’t they call the Advent events Advent events. It can still talk about Christmas; Advent IS the season of preparation for Christmas, both anticipatory and reflective. Christmas is technically the 12 days from Christmas Day through Epiphany (January 6). I think over-generalizing just forces other minority faiths to under-emphasize their own faith and/or to over-separate it. (Separation of church and state, remember, was to protect the church so that the state could never impose or require just a single one.) The over-generalizing the holiday also waters it down so those who have lapsed or never been part of a faith community feel less of a profound restoration by others’ witness. It makes the whole thing commercial rather than commerce supporting the culture.
Dawne Kirk says
Don’t forget the Doctor Who Christmas special for us geeks. Airs December 25 on BBC one, usually 5 pm PST.
Barbara Rippert says
All of these wonderful shows are great! What happened to Jesus for CHRISTmas? How far can you shove the Christians out of the picture. You have made our Holy Holiday into a buying frenzie and refuse to let us celebrate the birth of our savior. Shame on you.
The Google calendar is in pacific time but not set correctly so that when you add it it adjust the time. Please see if you can correct it.
Hi Chelsea – it’s me Kristin Thomas. I tried to set the DVR for Prep and Landing and can’t find it for this weekend or coming up. Any idea what happened to it?
Really? It should be there – ABC, 8pm on Friday 🙂 Try adding the “Disney” before the Prep and Landing. In other words, search: Disney Prep and Landing (full title). Hope that helps!
The calendar is PST. Check local listings though 🙂
Agreed! I love PBS! But I just did the classics in this list 🙂
Erik/Erika (RE Time zone difference)
To avoid being alerted to a show 3 hours after it already occurred (I live in FL) I had to change my alert notifications to be 190 minutes ahead of the actual event. This gives you a warning 10 minutes before the show starts on EST. I tried to change the timezone in the Calendar settings but was unable to do so. I wonder if BreezyMama has the ability to make the entries time-zone adjustable.