Chef Nikki Shaw, a mom of a son and a daughter, who splits her time living in Oakland, California and Denver, Colorado (her husband is the coach of the Denver Nuggets), and runs her site www.ChefNikkiShaw.com, has taken on the Breezy Mama challenge to cook something both parents AND kids will love! Get her recipe for Tangy Turkey Taco Topping for Fries!
“I came up with the Tangy Turkey Taco Topping because my kids absolutely love tacos. I wanted to reinvent my recipe because sometimes we get bored with the same dinner choices night after night. Preparing taco meat over fries instead of traditional taco shells was an exciting twist for my family. I need convenient, healthier dishes that my teenagers can prepare themselves because our schedules can get very busy at times. Using baked CravOn never-fried french fries and lean ground turkey in this recipe cuts out a lot of the fat and that makes me feel better as a Mom!”
Tangy Taco Turkey Topping – Loaded Fries
- 1 bag (2 lb.) CravOn Steak Cut Fries®
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mild taco sauce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
- Preheat oven and bake CravOn Steak Cut Fries according to directions on package.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add ground turkey and stir until browned for 5 minutes. Drain fat. Then, stir in seasoning and sauce. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Arrange hot CravOn Steak Cut Fries on a platter. Pour taco mixture over the fries. Garnish with tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.
To learn more about Nikki, visit her site: www.ChefNikkiShaw.com
And visit her profile on http://www.cravon.com/chef-nikki-shaw/