As the weather slowly starts to cool down and Breezy Mama realizes we must soon (GASP!) set aside our tank top rotation, the burning question hits like leaves on the ground: WHAT WILL WE WEAR? Never fear, one of our favorite fashion gurus, Alexis, from adellaandco.com, is here to let us moms know 5 fall fashion clothing items every closet needs this 2013 season, including her picks for splurges AND where to get the deals.
In the fashion world, the beginning of a new year starts in September with fall trends. The coveted September issues are finally on newsstands -presenting us with the latest designer creations. While we would all love to be sporting those gorgeous designer labels, they simply aren’t practical for Target runs and playdates at the park. However, we can still manage to stay on-trend, and go from drab to fab with these simple and budget friendly additions to our wardrobes. Remember to have fun with what you wear, and don’t be afraid to make a statement! Here are my picks:
1. Felt Fedora: Store your straw fedoras and panama hats and opt for a nice wide or floppy brim felt fedora. No one will ever know that your hair hasn’t been washed for days!
2. Suede Ankle Boot: Ankle boots have been back in style for a few years now, and they’re here to stay. Invest in a taupe color that will carry-over well into spring & summer.
3. Slim Boyfriend Baggies: Boyfriend jeans can be tricky and often create a sloppy, ill-fitting look. However, the new slim style boyfriend jeans offer the same laid back and deconstructed look while still flattering your figure.
4. Kimono: A kimono is the easiest way to transition a simple t-shirt and jeans into a blogger worthy outfit. Look for styles that have fringe details and floral or aztec prints.
5. Cultural Statement Jewelry: Tribal inspired statement jewelry adds interest to even the most basic white t-shirt. Turquoise pieces are classic and worth the investment.
About Alexis Adams: Former Fashion Designer turned stay-at-home mom, Alexis has taken her education and experience to a new level. She is currently freelancing in Wardrobe Styling and Interior Design, but loves exploring all things creative. Aside from raising her three kids, she enjoys being active and finding inspiration for her blog where she documents everything from fashion to food. You can visit her blog, Adella & Co, at www.adellaandco.com.