Ever wonder about fashionable (and affordable) new brands that haven’t quite been discovered yet? Or that perfect knock-off? Or fun, cheap style ideas to add a little pizzazz to your look? Breezy Mama turned to stylist Samantha Purdy of Sami’s Stylz to get her hidden gem picks. Plus! Get her tips for looking fashion forward all spring long.
5. Crush sunglasses
Love to change up your sunglasses style, but don’t want to spend $200-$300 for the latest trends? Check out Crush sunglasses. They offer a great price, great styles, colors, pattern frames & colored lenses. And Crush Eyewear guarantees all glasses you buy.
$28 — to check them out, click here!
4. Naughty Monkey
For a non-labeled reasonable find, I just discovered a shoe brand called Naughty Monkey — available on Endless –that have the absolute cutest styles, very fashion forward, but very reasonable.
$50-$80 — to check out the styles, click here!
3. Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips
They are awesome! So many fun/different style options, cheap ($8.99) and easy to use. You just peel and place on your nail and file to fit to the shape of your nail. They advertise a 10 day lasting period — mine was more like 5-6 — but they are just so fun! I wore the gold glitter one called “glitz blitz.” They also have zebra, cheetah, bright colors, sparkly, etc. – available at Target.
$8.99 — To check them out, click here!
2. Stella & Dot
Check out their fabulous earrings for under $50. I really love their studs that are around $29 each, they look expensive, but are very reasonable and stylish. My picks — Garden Party Chandelier Earrings for $58 or Gold studs for $28.
Prices vary — To see the styles, click here!
1. Michael Kors Watch
My gold Michael Kors watch has been my best investment in 2010, and carrying into 2011. I get stopped all the time and asked about it. Some people have mistaken it for a Rolex or other expensive brand and compliment the style & size — both men and women! It retails aprox $180. I have definitely received a bang for my buck as it’s always the perfect accessory to my casual, dressy and work outfits.
$180 — click here!
** Trends I love this spring **
- Neutral shoes are great for all seasons, but in the spring they are especially fun ’cause you can be the first to bare those tan feet and freshly painted toes! A twist on the neutral shoe I’m seeing this spring is neutral with a little fun detailing, like snakeskin trim, details on the wedge, or something that esp caught my eye are Vince Camuto “Missie” heels, with studded hardware details on the heel! Retail for $118 (not cheap but not expensive for what you get) –love these heals!!!!
- Nothing matching… do not match your toes to your fingers, your toes to your other toes, your bag to your shoes, or your belt to anything you are wearing!
- Yellow accessories (particularly yellow paired with a shade of cobalt blue)!
- Sunglasses with colored lenses (purple or blue look fab!). I love the Michael Kors purple lenses with rhinestone details –they are on my BDAY wish list — love them!!!!
- Boyfriend blazers with a flirty skirt!
- White Jeans — I love this time of year, when you can be the first and boldest to get out your white jeans and rock them! (I love a gray casual tee with white jeans and a rockin neutral accessory – shoes or purse).
- My favorite color right now – bright green!
And lastly, having a healthy mind and spirit. If you feel good on the inside, you will always look good on the outside — no matter what you are wearing!
Samantha Purdy is founder of Sami’s Stylz, a full service styling company that offers personal shopping as well as closet consultation. Samantha’s philosophy in fashion is you don’t have to spend a fortune on labels to wear the latest trends. With her expert eye, Samantha can spot trends before they’re trendy offering the ultimate fashion experience for clients. For the busy mom, Samantha is the perfect solution to do your outfit shopping for you whether it’s for a special event or a seasonal update, keeping your wardrobe stylish year round. For more information, contact Samantha: (209) 810-0027 or firstname.lastname@example.org