Breezy Mama Cheryl recently sent me this recipe, and although it’s called Easy Tortilla Soup, I couldn’t believe just how simple it was to make! We used a rotisserie chicken that we had, making it even easier. . .
I love tortilla soup but never make it because the recipes I always find seem so long and complicated. So when my friend made me a great tortilla soup I asked her for her recipe. It is the easiest recipe and best tasting soup ever!
- 2 or 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can whole corn
- 1 jar favorite salsa
- 2 large cans of chicken broth
- 1 cup cut cilantro
- 2 limes
- Bake chicken breast on the oven or on the stove.
- Once cooled cut into bite sized pieces and add to large soup pot.
- Add beans (don’t drain or rinse), corn (don’t drain) salsa and chicken broth and begin to heat.
- Add cilantro and the juice of 2 limes. Heat to a low boil for about 5 minutes.
- To serve break some tortilla ships on the bottom of a bowl. Ladle in the warm soup. Add avocado, sour cream and grated cheese to taste.
Have you subscribed to Breezy Mama yet? It’s free! Plus, be entered to win a $699 Valco Baby Double Stroller! Enter your email address here: