I thought I’d mix it up a bit today and do a dessert–I’m sure you’ve been bringing your appetizers and salads to all of your summer BBQ’s and want to try something new. Here it is. I got this recipe from an old co-worker, Michele, years and years ago. I needed to figure out a dessert–fast–for a dinner that I was going to straight from the office. Strawberry Surprise (what I call it) was it. Fast, easy, and inexpensive to do. . .take the ingredients to your dinner party and assemble it there. –Alex
- One frozen Sara Lee pound cake
- One bag frozen strawberries (cut and in syrup)
- One can cream cheese frosting
- Let frozen strawberries defrost a bit so they’re “juicy”.
- Lay frozen pound cake on cake plate and cut in half lengthwise.
- Cover top of bottom layer with cream cheese frosting.
- Pour half of the strawberries and their syrup on top of the frosting.
- Put top half of pound cake on top of bottom half. Cover entire thing with the rest of the cream cheese frosting.
- Pour rest of strawberries and their syrup over the top of cake.
Want to subscribe to Breezy Mama — it’s free! Click here!