Here’s THE list you’ll want to forward on. Forget giving hints: if you want your day to go your way, be direct without leaving any room for a mistaken guess. Email this list to the hubby, or borrow an idea or two for your Mommy. Most important of all, may you have an amazing Mother’s Day!
|10. GPS: Sure, you might think we mothers would find it insulting to insinuate we can’t find our way out of a cardboard box, but with all these play dates, birthday parties, and mom’s nights out, we could use a little help finding our way from here to there. Click here to find it.|
9. CAMERA: This verges on breaking my NTDWKG (Nothing To Do With Kids Gifts), but if the husband implies it will be great for a romantic Hawaiian getaway, you won’t even think about how great a non-blurry photo of your wee ones will be from a camera that hasn’t been dropped yet. For big girl photos, click here for the Canon Digital Rebel. Think dropping (pun intended) $699 on a camera is too much? Check out the Canon PowerShot: Click here to zoom in.
8. STARBUCKS GIFT CERTIFICATE: I have no doubt you’ll put it to great use. Even better than just the gift card? Starbucks.com will personalize it, so yours can say something subtle along the lines of: “To the greatest woman that ever lived.” Poets may start applying their skills by clicking here.
7. KINDLE: First, you may want to request a “coupon” for a little alone time to read your Kindle. Either way, once you get it you can load up any books you want and toss it in your purse. Although I prefer to envision you on the beach relaxing, it’s so convenient you might even be able to sneak it out of your bag while your little ones are otherwise occupied at the park. Read all about it by clicking here.
|6. BEACH TOWEL IN A BAG: Whether we continue to pretend you’ll find the time for a beach day solo or not, you can grab this adorable towel in a bag that’s oh-so-convenient while carrying buckets, umbrellas and holding tight to tiny hands. Pick it up here.|
5. PEOPLE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION: Instead of paying full cover price every time you get sucked into a headline in the grocery store line, get the gift that’ll keep on giving you a weekly dose of juicy bits. You can hold a baby in one arm, tie the toddler’s shoes with the other all the while sipping coffee through a straw and finishing an entire issue of the quick to read gossip that isn’t to smarmy. And if purchased through Amazon, it’s $65 off the cover price! He can sign you up by clicking here.
4. iPod: For those in serious need of an upgrade, check out the Apple iPod classic 120 GB Black . Download your TV shows and watch them anywhere, or upload your perfect jog mix to shake your booty to while getting it in shape. He can grab yours by clicking here.
4b. iTunes GIFT CERTIFICATE: Since you can’t expect your husband to stand in line with Britney Spears’s Circus CD in hand, have him pony up and you can make your own purchases. Besides, you’ve got a lot of great Breezy Mama album recommendations to download. Shop at the iTunes Music Store.
|3. ORIGINS GIFT SET: Have him bring the spa to you with Origins Limited Edition Spa tree-tments. Take it in by clicking here.|
2. SPA GIFT CERTIFICATE: Better yet, be sent to the spa. Tell him to skip the other obvious: flowers. Every time I walk by them wilting and I smell the moldy water I really just think about the mani/pedi that could have been. Combine that with a massage and you are good to glow.
1. GIRLFRIEND GETAWAY: Have the husbands organize and reserve the airfare, and Belagio hotel rooms for just the girls so you may viva Las Vegas while adding a few more years back to your vivas. And if you’re laughing out loud at the thought of the husbands trying to make this happen, refer back to items 2-10.
Breezy Tip: HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!