Nothing stresses me out more than coming home after a long day and having to figure out what’s to eat while trying to calm two cranky kids. Because of this, the slow cooker can be my saviour. The following recipe, given to me by my friend Jen, is so easy, you can throw it in the cooker five minutes before you’re supposed to head out the door.
- four chicken breasts or 1.5 pounds of pork
- one can condensed Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup
- one medium sized jar of green salsa (salsa verde)
- Put the meat in the bottom of the cooker (if you’re using chicken, the breasts don’t even need to be defrosted).
- Pour the condensed soup (don’t add water or milk!) and the salsa on top.
- Turn slow cooker on low and voila! go enjoy your day. Dinner will be ready in about 7 hours!
The best thing about this meal is that you can use the meat filling as tacos (garnish with chopped cilantro, onions and tomatoes) or roll it up in tortillas and make burritos, or serve it on the side with rice and beans. So versatile!
Breezy Mama Tip: If you don’t have a slow cooker, you’re missing out on life. I have the one pictured here, and it is fantastic, especially for only $19.99. Can’t live another second without owning one of your own? Click here to purchase.