WIN! Subway is giving one Breezy Mama reader the chance to try out their catering–see bottom of post for details.
When I got asked if I wanted to taste Subway’s new catering options, I jumped on the opportunity. Who doesn’t love a Subway sandwich? Especially after seeing Jared lose all of his weight? I received my gift card, perused the menu, and saw that there was only one problem–this entailed a lot of food. So much food that I would need a special occasion or gathering of friends to try it. The chance came this past Memorial Day. A family had a group of us over to toast the end of the long weekend and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try Subway’s catering.
As my husband and I looked online at all the yummy eats we saw that we had to make some hard decisions–there was too much great stuff. From giant subs to plates of deli meats and cheeses, to a mix of sandwiches, the possibilities seemed endless. I finally called my local store (the day of the BBQ–no need to place it far in advance), and he said that the $30 party plate was five, foot-long sandwiches cut in thirds. So, if it made it easier on me, I could just tell him five types of sandwiches. Which is what I did–he mixed and matched the breads and cheeses to what was most popular for the meats, and then added all the veggies I requested. As for mayo, mustard, etc–my husband can not stand a soggy sandwich, so I asked if I could have all the condiments on the side. To which they happily agreed–even oil and vinegar and salt and pepper!
When I picked it all up and took it to our party, I ended cutting up each sandwich again–making them 2 inches instead of 4. They were still plenty big, and there were leftovers the next day!
To get your own party catered, go to Subway.com to get started! Click on your state, find your store, and get going from there.
Other added Subway catering perks:
· Variety isn’t an issue – They offer Giant Subs, Sandwich Platters, SUBWAY to GO!™ boxed meals, drinks, sides and cookie platters.
· Short lead time – Catering orders can be placed 24 hours in advance – in some cases less!
· Small OR Large groups – Size of group isn’t an issue! They have options for as few as 5 people, a mid-size group of 25 people – or hundreds of people if you need it.
· They can cover ANY Occasion – Whether you’re planning a birthday, anniversary party, sporting event, office meeting or other occasion for a meal, they can cover just about any type of gathering.
· Customizable Options – Sandwiches can be customized with your favorite veggies and toppings just the way you like!
· Great Value – Simply put – it is possible to feel groups well – without spending a lot!
WIN! Subway is giving one lucky Breezy Mama reader a $50Subway gift card to test out their catering. To enter, tell us in the comments section below what you like best about Subway. The breakfast? The $5 foot-longs? The fresh veggies? One reader’s comment will be chosen at random.