There’s a story that my mom likes to tell about my grandmother. My grandmother was famous for her made-from-scratch Angel Food cakes. She would painstakingly make one for any special occasion. One day, someone told her that she could make Angel Food cake from a box. So she tried it, and couldn’t stop laughing. Why? She couldn’t believe JUST HOW EASY it was. I made this Key Lime pie, which was featured in Real Simple, and felt the same way. So easy, and so delicious (this coming from someone who doesn’t normally like Key Lime pie), it’s my Go-To dessert for summer BBQ’s. –Alex
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate (not thawed)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 6-ounce graham cracker piecrust
- Zest of 1 lime
- Place the condensed milk, limeade concentrate, and cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Pour the filling into the piecrust and smooth the top. Refrigerate until chilled and loosely set, at least 4 hours (and up to overnight).
- Sprinkle the pie with the zest before serving.
Need new meal ideas? Subscribe to Breezy Mama and you’ll have one every Friday! It’s free, click here to sign up.