So it’s Mother’s Day brunch and you’re looking for (Um, I mean the hubby is looking for–you’re not doing any work, are you?) for a drink that will suit the entire family. Send this email to him and tell him to look no further. According to Chelsea, who was recently at a shower for a couple of moms who just had their second babies (including Panini Happy/Cooking on the Side‘s Kathy), Breezy Mama‘s kid’s fashion contributor Laura served this lemonade that Chelsea declared, “was to die for! Super yummy!” So for your next sunny afternoon, sit back and relax as you sip perfection.
- one gallon of store-bought lemonade
- 2 inches of fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into medium slices
- big handful of fresh mint leaves
- Pour the lemonade in a big pitcher.
- Add the mint and ginger.
- Let it marinate in the pitcher for 24-48 hours.
- After marinating and before serving, strain mint and ginger.
Voila – the perfect ginger-mint lemonade! Serve with fresh mint sprigs, lemon slices and maybe even a sugared rim if you are feeling motivated.
Need new meal ideas? Subscribe to Breezy Mama and you’ll have one every Friday! PLUS, you’ll be entered to win a $100 Gift Certificate to Tea Clothing! It’s free, click here to sign up.
*Photo taken from Bridal Daze.