When you want to be perceived as gourmet, but don’t have much time or energy, this is the perfect dish for you. My mom would make it for us as she was going out the door to teach night school. I used to make it in college and it really impressed my roommates. It’s so easy, you can do it as one child is trying to climb up your leg while the other one is screaming in the background. Add a side of rice and a green salad and call it a day. –Alex
- Four green bell peppers. Make sure they are nice and round and will be able to stand upright on their own. If you want to add some pizazz, you can do golden or red bell peppers.
- One pound ground beef (you can substitute the beef for ground turkey)
- One onion, diced
- One egg
- One cup of breadcrumbs (seasoned or unseasoned–I usually use what I have on hand. In a pinch, crumbled up crackers works as well).
- Two tablespoons of parsley
- One teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers. Gently pull out seeds from inside.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl. Use your hands to really get in there and mix it up well.
- Fill the peppers with meat stuffing.
- Place on greased, shallow baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
Want Breezy Mama to arrive in your e-mail in-box? It’s free! Click here.