Authentic Mexican? No. Easy and delicious? Yes. This is Mom’s comfort food for me–after a hard day of high school all it took was one bite and I forgot my troubles. The secret is blending the beans and meat while cooking and adding lots of cheese. This makes it smooth and creamy, so make sure you don’t skimp. The recipe is super easy and all it requires are some pantry staples. –Alex
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- dash of salt and pepper
- 16 ounce can of refried beans
- 2 cups of cheese
- 1 tablespoon of taco sauce
- 4 flour tortillas
- In a medium saucepan, combine and cook: onion, meat, cumin, oregano, and dash of salt and pepper.
- When meat is no longer pink, stir in beans.
- After everything is mixed together and hot, stir in cheese, cover, and take off heat.
- Let sit until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes), then stir in taco sauce if using.
Heat your tortillas, add some filling to each, wrap up your burrito, and take a bite. YUM! Add a green salad and you got yourself a fantastic little meal.